Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Jozi Love Affair


Views of the Johannesburg skyline from the Living Room in the Maboneng Precinct, CBD

Guess I should go pack my bags now.

Sleepless, anxious nights leading into exhausting, draining days. Emotionally overwhelmed.

Five flights over the next five weeks, passing through four places I've once called home.

An ending that came too soon, while unknown beginnings await. Unexpectedly saddened by the thought of walking away from a closing chapter, while piqued by the new chapter that's about to unfold.

For the lack of a better word, the overused phrase comes to mind: Bittersweet.


Guess I really should go pack my bags now.


----

If Jozi was a stage, I guess you could say I left my heart on the dance floor. And you thought I was going to write an entry about a love affair with a boy? Oh no no no. Seriously, who do you think I am? I'm referring to a love affair with Jozi. I can honestly say I didn't anticipate enjoying my stay here over the past year as much as I have. My lack of blogging entries speaks to the lack of spare time I've had to write (because I've been having too much fun!) So much has happened since my last entry in February. I have tons of catching up to do.

My last day at work is this Friday, August 22nd. I'm headed to Kruger National Park for one last hurrah with a group of friends, and then I fly directly to Hawaii on Monday. And by directly I'm referring to a 36 hour flight with three layovers in London, San Francisco, and Los Angeles before finally reaching Honolulu for my Daddy's wedding on August 31st. I expect to catch up on my blogging during that 'forever and a day' span of time spent on a plane... or four planes actually.

For now, I'm procrastinating on my packing. In the meantime, follow me on social media because I'm too lazy to organize and upload photos - IG: shalanemaile and Twitter @ShalalaMaile

No comments:

Post a Comment