Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Nomad Visits Home Three Times in 2014


First world problems I know, but I may have visited home too many times this year. I made the 25+ hour flight three times the 2014 calendar year, but each reason was completely legitimate, I promise.
  • In May I went home for Mother's Day, my Mommy's 50th birthday, and Robinson & Hien's wedding
  • In August I took a one month holiday in between contracts with the SASDC in South Africa and FTC in Namibia. During that month I split time between my Daddy and Aunty Tammy's wedding in Hawaii, birthday celebrations in California, and reuniting with friends in New York
  • Finally, I spent Christmas with my Mommy & Sky back at home in December.
Yes, at times it can be difficult and not to mention expensive, to maintain long distance friendships... and all relationships for that matter.

But yet, real love is timeless. It doesn't die. It knows no bounds.

Highlights from visiting home in the San Francisco Bay Area:
Hien and Van Doan aka Robinson's wedding at the winery on Treasure Island, San Francisco.
We've been homies since high school. 
A trip home is never complete without my Papa. We're here with Carson.
Mommy, Papa, Myself & Sky at Christmas.
Sky, Daddy and I on his wedding day. Honoloulu, Hawaii - August 31, 2014
Car selfie on the drive to Pismo Beach for Danirose's 27th birthday.
I made it just in time to meet Baby Ari before catching a flight back to Joburg the morning of the day she was born.
Baby Ari then, May 2014 (above). Now, Dec 2014.
View of the Bay Bridge at night. It never gets old.

No comments:

Post a Comment