Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Saturday Morning at the Neighbour Goods Market

Word on the street is that the Neighbour Goods Market at the Old Biscuit Mill is THE BEST way to spend a Saturday morning in Cape Town. I've heard lots of hype about this place, so I decided to check it out for myself.

The Old Biscuit Mill is actually a shopping center on its own with boutique shops and restaurants, but on Saturday mornings this place transforms into another animal. The market area was inside a warehouse with two rooms. Portions of the back room had no roof, so when it wasn't raining (as it was on this Saturday) I'd imagine it would be an nice place to hang out.

The table decor was cute - candles burning inside a wine bottle.

Everything at the market was local of course. The best part? Samples! 

omg yum.

yum.

Funki Fungi serving mushroom kebobs. I love clever marketing.

Pesto Princess - six different types of pesto

French Goose and Duck Fat. (no I didn't try it).


The largest seafood paella E.V.E.R

So what did I choose to eat? Poached egg and salmon with hollandaise sauce on top of potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment